Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cube Steak and Gravy Crock Pot Style

I'm not a girl for cooking steak and gravy on the stove.  To me it's never tender enough or it tastes burnt.  Well about 2 years ago my aunt sent me some recipes that were simple.  I immediately made some dip that was fantastic (I'll have to blog about it later) but I never made anything else in the email.  Well Friday I came across the email again and decided to give it a try. 

Cube Steak & Gravy-Crock Pot Style

4 pcs. cube steak
1 envelope of brown gravy mix
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of water

Flour Steak and brown quickly on stove.  Mix chicken soup, gravy mix, and water-put in crock pot.  When steaks are browned add them too.  Cook on low 5 hours. 


Here is our steaks floured and ready to go in the hot oil

Browning them quickly

I served ours with biscuits, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese, and I used our finest china Ha!

Think maybe I should rename this Fool Proof steak and gravy.  It was super simple and very yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment