Friday, March 11, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos

Second blog entry and it's another appetizer.  Guess you can tell what we love to eat already huh?  Snack foods.  Some nights I only make appetizers for dinner and it's the best meal ever or at least we think so!  So tonight's recipe is for Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos.  Who would thought that four ingredients could be so good? 

The recipe is as follows:

1 package of cream cheese softened
1 pound of sausage (I use Jimmy Dean Hot)
Jalapenos
Bacon

Cook bacon crumbled.  Drain.  Add cream cheese and mix well.  Half your jalapenos and scrap out the seeds.  Fill each half with your sausage mixture then wrap with bacon. 
Bake at 375 degrees until the bacon is done.
Here they are all wrapped up and ready to go in the oven
 I didn't say how many jalapenos or how much bacon, I will leave that up to you.  This does make quiet a few.  We love bacon so I take the back and spilt it down the middle and use a lot on each one and then I leave some without the bacon just because I like a little variety. 
And now they are done...and I'm hungry enough to eat them all but I will put away some for Chris :)
So I hope that you enjoy these!  They are so yummy! 

1 comment:

  1. These are AWESOME... except we but bacon bits instead of sausage and grill them... also we call em rat tails =0)

    ReplyDelete