Saturday, March 26, 2011

Crunchy Asian Broccoli Coleslaw

This year we are having Easter at our house.  I'm super excited because I love having people over and I love cooking!  So I've been on the search for a few new recipes to try.  I started looking through my Food & Family magazines for a few ideas.  I came across this one and I've fallen head over heels for it.  Be careful because it makes A LOT!  I cut the recipe in half for me because Chris doesn't like it. 

Crunchy Asian Broccoli Coleslaw

1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
2 packages of ramen noodle soup mix (I bought the oriental)
2 packages of 12 oz broccoli slaw
4 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1/2 cup sliced almonds

Mix dressing with seasoning packet from one of the ramen noodle packets.  Discard other one or save it for another use.

Break apart noodles; place in large bowl.  Add slaw, onions, sunflower kernels, and almonds; mix lightly.

Add dressing mixture; toss to coat.

When I first read the recipe I thought it was going to be too hard, I mean not cooking the ramen noodles sounded crazy to me, but somehow it all just blends together.  It's so yummy!  And It's so colorful! 

Perfect dish for a beautiful spring day

No comments:

Post a Comment