Monday, March 21, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Crock Pot Style

Ask and you shall recieve.  A least that's what happened the other day when I posted on my facebook wall that I was looking for a good recipe for the Crock Pot.  My elmentary school friend Adrian left me a comment for some Buffalo Chicken in the Crock Pot.  She said that if you love hot wings you will love this!  So I got out my trusty crock pot...


I love this thing!

Then I wrote down the recipe.  Pretty simple if you ask me. 

Buffalo Chicken Crock Pot Style

3-4 Chicken Breast
3/4 of a bottle of hot sauce (Frank's is our favorite)
1 pack of ranch dressing mix

Cook in crock pot for 6 hours on low.  At about hour 4 shred chicken and if you want an extra kick add a pinch of cayenne pepper.


We tried a new hot sauce...it's Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce

Hidden Valley Ranch Dip


Here is what it looked like in the crock pot

And this is our finished product.

So I'm kind of up in the air on this one.  Adrian said to serve this on hamburger buns with lettuce and tomatoes.  We did fix sandwhiches but I don't know this was just not my favorite recipe we've tried lately.  It had great taste, but I don't know about eating it on a bun.  It's like you are eating hot wings but then not so much.  I am very thankful for the recipe and I'm glad I tried it but not sure I will make it again.  So if you make this let me know if you liked it or not and how you ate it...maybe that will make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment