Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Favorite Pot Roast

Three posts in one day?  No I haven't spent all day in the kitchen; I'm just been behind on posts and Corbin is already in bed (amazing since it's not even midnight yet) so I thought I would finish up the recipes I've done lately.  So when I think of comfort food lots of recipes come to mind.  Here is one that I love!  Pot Roast.  I found this recipe a while back in a Campbell's cookbook.  I've tried other recipes but I always seem to come back to this one.  So here is our comfort food for today. 

Savory Pot Roast

1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 pack of Lipton Onion Mix
1 can of sliced potatoes
1 can of carrots
1 3 1/2 to 4 pound boneless chuck pot roast

Place all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours or until roast is done.

(Ok I confess-the recipe really calls for real potatoes and carrots but with a little one around I choose the quick way, canned vegetables.  And when I make it I use two cans of each so I'm sure that Corbin gets his fair share of potatoes and carrots).  When I made it this week Chris added some celery.  It was still yummy!  Hope you add this one to your recipe box too!

Savory Pot Roast

No comments:

Post a Comment