Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Best Spaghetti Sauce EVER

So as I've mentioned before Chris is just one of those people that can whip up something.  Well after hearing me complain about how all the jar sauces were too runny or had no flavor he came up with this.  I love it and could eat it with just bread.  Literally it is the best thing I've ever had.  So I figured I would share his secret recipe with the rest of the world.  Hope you love it too!

Spaghetti Sauce

2 12 oz. cans tomato paste
1 12oz. can water
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 28 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
1 small onion diced
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 Tbsp. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. basil
1 Tbsp. parsley
1/2 Tbsp. dried cilantro
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Put in large pot your olive oil, minced garlic, and diced onions and saute.  Then add all other ingredients, bring just to a boil then simmer for at least 30 minutes.   

This makes a big pot but I never let ANY of this go to waste.  If we don't use all of it that night I freeze it.  It's great for lasagna, pizzas, or just a dipping sauce!  What can I say...I married a great cook!


Doesn't this just look soooo good?




No comments:

Post a Comment